Cultivating strong and positive beliefs
How can I strengthen positive beliefs? What are the best techniques to transform the way I think? How can I change the way I perceive myself?
Short answer: By having the right habits that will allow you to stay always on a “positive attitude” and that will help you get out fast from any sort of negativity, stress or pessimism.
In this article I will teach you what to do to become a positive thinker and what techniques are the best to transform your beliefs and self perception.
What are positive or negative beliefs?
Beliefs are strong ideas that have rooted deep into our mind and body making us to perceive them as beliefs. They have been taught and strengthened through time by our environment. They define the way we perceive every experience and the way we respond to it. Basically they are the factors that will limit us or let us be who we are.
A belief will usually define something. When it becomes to strong it is transformed into prejudgment. They reflect our values and our emotional states. Every experience that we have will be a reflection of them, because we are set into activities, those activities have repercussions. The reason we choose to do one thing or another is usually established by what we consider correct, reasonable or likeable.
Those things are defined by the beliefs we have on them and what they should produce in our life once we get it. But we are not straightforward or linear, we are contradictory, we have contradictory beliefs and somehow “good and bad” merges as one in our internal chaos.
There are the beliefs you inherit, that you learn and the ones that you wish to have. In another way of saying it; “there is the person you are and the person you want to become”. And what enables you to change will be in part the capacity to transform those beliefs that represent the old self into the ones that represent the new self.
Lighter beliefs are easy to change, heavier and older ones is much more challenging. Even some of them may linger with us for the rest of our life. It will be up to you, if you do all what is necessary, if you are really interested in changing and if you have enough skill and mental resilience to go through a transformational experience.
Beliefs are nourished by our behavior
There are 3 doors for any action. The door of the mind which involves our thoughts, the door of the mouth that involves what we “say” and the door of the heart that involves what we actually DO physically speaking with our body.
If you want to change a belief, you need to address the behaviors that are directly related to it. It can be a mental / emotional pattern that is always looping, it can be some words you constantly repeat unconsciously or it can be something you do. Every action has emotional responses which mean they change our hormonal ecosystem, which transforms our entire brain and body.
Detecting physical habits like smoking or eating is way easier than recognizing how we communicate, what sort of emotions our words are charged with and what emotions lies below the surface. Also is even harder to stay focused enough to observe what sort of thought we have during the day and during specific experiences and situations.
Regardless of your level of consciousness making the effort to change one external behavior is much better than staying the same for years.
What are the best techniques to transform our beliefs?
- Meditation is the best and at the same time for many people the hardest. Today is so easy to find teachers and guided meditation apps that if you are not trying is because you don’t know it can help you or you just want to stay as you are.
- PNL & Coaching are amazing ways to explore and become more conscious, together with therapy they can really be a game changer.
- Yoga & Fitness will bring big benefits to our physical body, we will start looking better and feeling better, this will have a great impact in our life.
- Travel and living abroad are great ways to expand and see different cultures. By changing our environment e allow ourselves to change our beliefs too. The external world will serve as a mirror to find out more about ourselves.
- Music, performance and arts act like catalysts for our creativity and help us let go emotions that may have become stagnated or imprinted in our self identity. When we use any of this methods to express our feelings we also are liberated so we can create a new self.
What is your experience with this techniques? Which one works better for you? Let us know in the comments below!
Private & Group Classes
Yoga, Fitness and Meditation in Saint-Tropez Book Your Class Today! Private and group classes for people that prioritize their Health and Fitness Life is movement, and from this premise, we learn how to move in ways that our body reaches new limits. Our practice (physical discipline) should bring us health and well-being, altogether, it should…