Inner Strength: Awaken your power within
Why is important?
If you pay attention to how life works, you will understand that strength is one of the most important abilities that anyone and any living being needs in order to survive. It is the mother of many other capacities that without strength would be dormant.
Of course there are several kinds of strengths and different dimensions to it. But in my opinion the most important one is the strength that comes from the spirit. The power of will, to exist, to be which is innate to our spirit and consciousness in the same way energy is released from the sun.
We could use the sun as a symbol of the raw and real strength that comes within our essence. We should imagine ourselves like a burning star in the cosmos giving constant energy and all sort of radiations to the entire universe.
Without those stars, life in our planet would be impossible, and in the same way, without our power of will, our life could not persevere.
How strength influences our life?
Visualize strength as a raw material that you need to create other skills; such as determination, vigor, patience, perseverance, resilience, wisdom, compassion, control, intelligence, concentration, and much more. You name it, any kind of activity you put yourself into, will ask you to make effort in some extent. Will need you to adapt or change in order to bring new results or outputs. Will require your capacity to repeat the same action or process several times until you reach your desired goals.
Discipline and Strength
If strength is the raw energy, discipline is what gives the shape. It has the capacity to empower it, remove the excess and give a purpose. But discipline without strength is useless, you can’t be a disciplined person without being strong. You need both together, even if you have tremendous amounts of inner strength, without the intelligence of discipline it will be lost. The beauty in this is that when you start working in order to build strength, at the same time you create discipline.
What have I learnt from strength training?
- Our body needs to adapt and external changes take their time to become “permanent”. Grow the strength of patience.
- It is a slow process, we don’t have to rush things over, if you are strong enough to persevere, you will see results, without a doubt.
- Growth is not linear, adaptation and change are a constant. There are ups and downs, be relentless.
What have I learnt from meditation practice?
- A clear mind is awake and ready to act anytime, it commands and empower your body with determination.
- A mind that is able to stay concentrated even in harsh environments is stronger and superior than a mind that doesn’t.
- Emotional strength and stability is only available for us when there is enough consciousness.
How can I grow my inner strength starting today?
- Wake up to see the sunrise.
- Do physical strength training 2 or 3 times a week.
- Meditate 10 minutes daily.
- Do fasting once every month.
- Express your feelings in a healthy way.
- Have cold showers.
- Learn to be lonely in silence.
- Practice forgiveness, gratitude and compassion.
Was this article useful? Let a comment to know your experience!
Private & Group Classes
Yoga, Fitness and Meditation in Saint-Tropez Book Your Class Today! Private and group classes for people that prioritize their Health and Fitness Life is movement, and from this premise, we learn how to move in ways that our body reaches new limits. Our practice (physical discipline) should bring us health and well-being, altogether, it should…